Insurance Protection for your Seasonal or Rental Dwelling
- Residence – The dwelling used as a seasonal residence, or that is rented to others.
- Replacement Cost Terms – Claim settlement for the dwelling at replacement cost up to the policy limit. Not available on all dwelling policies.
- Fire Department Service Charge – Charges incurred due to fire departments called to protect your property.
- Added Perils for additional Refrigerated Food Products – Payment for direct loss to covered property stored in a freezer or refrigerator due to loss of power in owner-occupied dwelling.
- Dwelling under Construction – Theft & collapse coverage while your seasonal or rental home is being built.
- Inflation Guard – Automatically increases your dwelling limit to protect against increased building costs.
- Liability/Medical Payments – Provides defense and coverage for injury or damage in which you are liable.
- Loss of Rents – Coverage for expenses you incur if you cannot rent the dwelling after a covered loss.
- Modified Replacement – Replacement coverage for partial losses when the dwelling is insured for less than 80% of the replacement value.
- Ordinance or Law – Covers increased building costs due to changes in an ordinance or law.
- Personal Property – Protection for your personal belongings.
- Related Private Structures – Covers detached structures on the insured premises.
- Replacement Cost - Personal Property – Claim settlement for personal property on a replacement cost basis in owner-occupied dwellings.
- Theft Coverage– Provides theft coverage for personal property from an owner-occupied dwelling.
- Tree Removal – For fallen trees due to wind.
- Additional Water Back Up and Sump Discharge or Overflow – For water damage that backs up through your sewer, drains, or sump pump for owner occupied dwellings.
- New Home – Under 10 years of age.
- Claims Free – This discount is earned while insured with HMIC on a continual basis (Renewal).
Please contact Homestead Mutual and/or your agent for more information on this program.